Monday, February 15, 2010

Well well well, look who fell into the well.

The season of suckfest... that will lead to abundance... is commencing.

Modesty.

Sabbaticals.

Holiness to my core- translating to everything I am, everything I do, everything I say.

I look forward to sedating my flesh during the next 6 months or so that I may be able to think with my heart, and discern with my spirit more effectively, more accurately.

I want to really "get it" when it comes to the urgency of the great commission. 10x more than I think I "get it" now. And I want KPC to "get it" once again. We've forgotten why we do missions, why we go in the first place. The gospel has, to a great extent, lost its potency. We don't even know what the "message" is that we're supposed to be preaching. Why, then, would we be excited to preach it?
Maybe that in itself is the epiphany- its not that people aren't excited about Missions, they aren't excited about the message of Christ. Think about Paul, or any of the early Christians in Acts, or Romans.. they GOT IT. The message of Jesus Christ wowed them from Day 1 until the day they each died. We aren't wowed, for the most part, anymore. Have we learned a watered down gospel? Have we taught that message instead, and expected the same results?
....is it even about results?

I remember a conference that I went to a couple years ago, and the main speaker asked everyone in attendance to write down what the gospel message was and turn it in. Later that night.. they told us that over half the people there couldn't do it.

There were 1500 people in attendance. Thats huge.

Just thinking out loud.

No comments: