Friday, January 8, 2010

Quench love

Ridiculous, I know. I already know.

I finished watching "Ghost of Girlfriend's Past" tonight. Silly movie- but for me, it was one of those that left me feeling contemplative, wistful, pensive, and reminiscent. How I love and hate this feeling.

There is this part of me, folded there inside, who wants so deeply to be given the desires of my heart. And I know that the Lord knows my desires far more intimately than I- but I cannot keep from coming back to the same thought, the same emotion: love.

Love is what binds us up, what keeps us from failing. Love is where we find our hope.

So, yes it is silly. No, it doesn't make sense. But I want what my heart keeps pulling for. That dance. That pursuit. That romance. The wooing. The spooning. The flowers. The hard seasons with the good ones.
I want someone specific. And I will compromise for no one.

I want someone who believes in me.
Who will run wholeheartedly with me.
Who loves me fiercely.
Who loves Jesus more than he loves me.
Who will lead me.
Who trusts the Lord.
Who loves life.
Who is willing to fight for/contend for things.
Who gains understanding.

I want someone who cherishes me and treats me like a lady.
I want someone who will take me on dates and sing me songs.
I want someone who will be patient with me.
I want who Jesus has in mind for me. No one else.

Where oh where are you? And if you are who I wish you will be, when will I know?



..He's got the whole world, in his hands. He's got the whole world..

1 comment:

Christine Sweet said...

waiting with you girl. I believe in what God has for you.