Saturday, October 2, 2010

Talk it out with the big G

You know those weeks where pretty much every day you need to ask "what day is it today?"
Yeah, that's what this past week has been like.

I feel like I've run an emotional marathon at several different relational elevations. And now.. I'm just tired. I feel like I could spend a few straight days by myself doing almost nothing but soaking up God and this amazing weather.

It's Saturday night, I just got home, and I'm lying on my bed right now thinking about how I should read my Bible. And then I thought, what I really want to do right now is process through my week. I'm a verbal processor.. and I kid you not, I immediately discounted the Lord as being able to help me do that. I immediately thought, okay I need a friend or something. Well what the heck!
Really, TRULY, what I NEEEEEEED is to be able to verbally process my day with the Lord. I want our relationship to have conversational ease and intimacy. Shoot.

How quickly I forget what he can do, and how he loves me.

And I'll tell you something else. Something I have difficulty with: I don't make myself vulnerable with the Lord often enough. Vulnerability, I'm learning more and more is a state of trust, of feeling safety, and of peace. And I'm thinking to myself.. how do I get there?
And I think its not only a matter of just doing it, so that it becomes habitual, though that is part of it. I think, though- that its also a matter of believing that Jesus IS my trust, my peace, and my safety. In Him and no other.

No comments: