Thursday, November 5, 2009

Found Out

A good friend made me aware tonight of the way I was speaking poorly about a person who is more near and dear to me than.. . most things and people. So- I looked back and I fixed what I could. And for the future.. I will be careful.

I work at KPC now. I feel very blessed to get to work with the team thats around me. Dana, Matt, and Kara are amazing. We gel. We mesh. And Bruce truly is an excellent boss. I'm sure I will miss him.

I've been thinking lately about destiny and purpose.
Being that God has a will, a hope and a future... and we clearly have the ability to exercise our free will... can we speed up or slow down the execution of his 'plan' for our lives?
I mean in a way almost similar to that of the great commission. We're told in Revelation that certain things will happen before Jesus' return. One of those things is EVERYONE hearing the gospel. We can actually speed up or slow down Jesus' return based on whether we choose to be obedient in the things we "know of"... aka speaking the gospel.
In the same way, can we speed up or slow down God's perfect plan for our individual lives based on whether or not we choose to be obedient in the things we 'know' he wants us to move toward?

Me, for example. I feel reasonably sure that God has marriage in my future. However, I also feel reasonably sure that God will not bring about that season in my life, until after I have completed school (among other things), for example. Therefore, in my procrastination with getting school done... I feel I may in fact be prolonging other seasons as a byproduct.


Yes.

And another thing to think about: Where is the line with "over-spiritualizing" things? Its blurry to me. I know people who think every little thing that happens to or through or around them is a "sign from the Lord." And who am I to say something isn't God speaking? I'm sure God does speak through more things than we realize... and I think its important to look for ways that the Lord may be speaking all the live long day...... but, I don't know. Something in me feels like our purpose should be cultivating a relationship with the living God that is so intimate, that we recognize where, when, and what he is speaking. We don't have to guess, "Is that God speaking over there? ... Or over here?"
We just know when its him. Because we know what he sounds like. He says, "my sheep know my voice."

I know what Natanya sounds like when she's on the phone... or any number of people. Its just what happens when you know someone.

God's the same. Only better.

No comments: