Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Worship and Music


Music possesses an unalterable power to effect change- in countenance, atmosphere, and culture. It softens, stiffens, brightens, and creeps its way around the hearts of all who linger.

Its one of the best things that has ever happened to me.
Similarly- so is pandora. Try:
*Brooke Waggoner Radio
*David Nevue Radio
*Gateway Worship Radio
*Turntablism and Beat Science

It seems to me that a worship leader should be able to elaborate, and dwell on any line in a song.
I was thinking of the line, "Though I'm poor you say I'm lovely; though I'm dark you say I'm beautiful." Dark skin in Middle Eastern culture for women is a sign of lower class, nothingness, of being useless, having no royalty. After all of that, You say I'm beautiful.

What kind of God ARE you?
One of my favorite pictures of God is Zephaniah 3:17:
"The Lord your God is with you.
He is mighty to save,
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

^if you look at the literal Hebrew translation for that word "rejoice", we see it is the word "Giyl." Giyl literally means, "to spin around violently with emotion."
What a wild picture of a God whose love is intense and passionate.

Aaron Blackwell's facebook says in one spot, "I want to learn new ways to love God."
YEA!! Thats what I want! Because it seems to me the more that I learn, know and commune with God- the more that I understand His love, the more I am changed by it, and the more I can love Him back with the same kind of love.

I'm completely in awe of that cycle. He loves us. Oh how He loves us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, did you take that picture?
casey