Wednesday, November 12, 2008

subtraction, love coupons, and Mr. Clean

There's this sweet silent satisfaction that comes when you work hard to vacuum and clean out the inside of your car.

















I did it this morning.. and as I drove to work shortly there after- I felt like: everybody needs to feel this good about their vehicles.
Maybe that will be a couple Christmas presents for people: "CLEAN CAR +Plus Awesome AESTHETICS!"

This morning was also one of those times I think again and again that God is holding out on me.. something big is going on all around me and he just hasn't told me about it yet.
I've been getting random money for months: Mack FREQUENTLY comes up to me and sticks money in my hand because he feels led, refund checks from college, reimbersment for things I paid for years ago, and this morning- a check came from an old family friend. I played soccer in middle school with their daughter Krissy.. and they tithed a chunk to me.
So where is it all supposed to go?



































My life is changing before my eyes.
I'm hungry for Jesus
ALL the TIME.
I have new understanding
of what it means when we sing,
"Yes, our God is a consuming fire
and a flame that burns down
deep in my soul."
I find that I'm STARVING
until I meet Him each day.
And he doesn't end-
I can only get deeper,
there's only ever more to it,
to Him.
He's so good.

And I've been thinking too- about what it means to have a constant missional mindset. I lose focus and get disappointed sometimes because I've been at home for 5 months- why aren't I overseas? What am I working toward accomplishing? Where are the mile-markers? Where is God, really, in all of this?
And shoot- he's right here. He's always right here.
Maybe part of the big plan is for me to go to LA in Jan.
Or maybe part of the plan is for me to reach deeper into Harp and Bowl at KPC.
Heck, thats something! Maybe part of the plan is for me to invest into KPC in this season.
Maybe its for me to mend relationships in my family.
Maybe its for me to start a new family down the road.























SEEK, SEEK, SEEK.
1 Chronicles 28:9 For the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. For if you seek him, he will be found by you.

Isaiah 45:19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the Lord, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
SEEK, SEEK, SEEK.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

i'd like it if you came out to LA...

Anonymous said...

i am taken by you i miss you lots! mary*