Wednesday, November 5, 2008

marginalized, making history.

I don't think for even one second that, in spite of the next 3-5 years of my life being the most expensive, Barack Obama will make those years any easier.

I don't LIKE the idea of him as our President.
I kind of shudder at the thought of him leading our country.
And I can only picture falty leadership leading a nation to disaster and further idolatry.

That said, I know no situation is out of God's control. Nothing slips through his fingers, nothing happens without his knowledge. So, as if something large needed to happen as (yet another) wake up call for the church in the west- this one has come. How's this for a good reason to start a lifestyle of radical, day in and day out intercession.
_______________________________
P E RS ONAL L Y

I feel like my life is at a standstill and God is asking me, "Kate, how do you want to live the life I have blessed you with?" And my unreserved answer is that I choose to give it all back to Him. Everything I am, everything I do, every breathe belongs to the Most High.
That the Lamb may receive the reward for his suffering.

And the "life" that I speak of, I believe, is one lived out in Acts 29- I get so agitated that "Christianity" has strayed so far from following Christ. Theres something inherent missing- because even if we were simply 'believers' and not so much 'doers', believing with conviction would lead to a change in actions. DOING something different.
We don't even know what it is to love our God and our neighbors anymore.
I want to find that out.
I want to spend my life seeking God's face, obeying radically the faintest whispers.
Its what I'm called to. It's what all of us are called to. The 1st commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. THEN love your neighbor as yourself.
If only we could get that down.
________________________________
WON DE R FU LLY

I need your peace in me.
I need your peace in me.

________________________________
CRU CIA L

Matthew 5:45

No comments: