Monday, November 24, 2008

one of those things

Can I just say this..

I love my boyfriend. I'm increasingly proud of him and the decisions he makes on a day to day basis.
The thought process that set this into motion: Saturday night I was hormonally imbalanced due to the breaking down of my uterine lining ;) and was, as a result of such, feeling altogether lonely, with spurts of contempt for no particular person regarding no particular instance... and so- I take it out on Eric. Of course.. because that's what you do in those sort of moments. And then I proceed to call him later on and when he asks me what was wrong earlier- I tell him that I felt so mistreated by him earlier in the day, and that I was so hurt that he didn't reach out to me at all."

He said, "If I were to hang up the phone right now, I would not sleep at all tonight. Please tell me what else is going through your mind.."

And though blindsided completely by this, he responded with grace that still is astounding me. He said, "I don't know what I did, but your feelings are always, always valid. I am so so sorry that I made you feel like that.."

And then he goes on to take a stab in the dark as to HOW and WHY I've come to feel this way- because I myself can't seem to allow my thoughts to settle enough to make sense of anything. He said- "I've been cuddly and romantic all week, and I didn't think about it when I wasn't tonight. But you have had a terribly long week and probably just wanted a hug- some sort of physical affection. We just have to be better aware of each other and when there's something happening emotionally.. say so."


And then there was this, "I love you, Kate."
Because I know he means it.
And I know I love him too.

No comments: