Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Witness


Well I'll be honest. Its hard to read a "diary" like Rick Felkel's and not be inspired. Eric referenced it the other day, so I thought I'd check it out. He described it as "unordinarily profound." I cannot think of a better description.
Something about the man of Rick Felkel, in the little I have just read, reminds me of Noah from The Notebook. Its that kind rustic attitude, quiet but so strong, sharp, unafraid.. beyond that- deep.
Eric reminds me of those things.

So why is living a life as a witness for Jesus Christ so difficult? It must be- because the impostors seems to outnumber genuine followers- they parade through life with a deafening "CHRISTIAN" labels across chests, yet- there is so much animosity toward those people. I have a sincere passion for the Church as we know it, the Body of believers, the Bride of Christ- to clean up her act and start living lives that accurately reflect the person of Jesus Christ. Who was back then and is right now and is to come.

God equipped each of us with minds like Rick Felkel, uniquely. He's not the only who is capable of living his life for Christ. The Holy Spirit enables us each to do that. This little light of mine.
You cannot rationalize a call to be an image-bearer of Christ_ yet we've found a way. Can we just return?

Derek Webb sings this lyrically controversial song,
"I'm a whore I do confess, but I put you on just like a wedding dress and I run down the aisle." He goes on to say, "Could you love this bastard child though I don't trust you to provide..with one hand in a pot of gold and the other in your side."

We straddle two worlds- its what Christians 'do.'

How about a call to commitment? The Bible talks about lukewarm Christians- Jesus clearly gives his opinion of them: it says he spits them from his mouth.

Can we commit? Can we remove our faith from ourselves and place it in the Most High?
Can we return to our first love? Can we BURN for Him?

That the Lamb may receive the reward for His sacrifice.

Musica de excellente:
Matt Maher
^Catholic guy SO fiery, so right on. Tomlin actually borrowed "Your grace is Enough" from him.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

You are talking to me. About our lives of old. We are giggling and crying and eating. Food.

WE should eventually visit Washington DC and take pictures in the fall.

Yes....November.

I am not a creeper.

Your nails look good.

No, I will not. None of your laxative talk.

What not to wear.