Saturday, August 9, 2008

hit

My heart sank tonight. Nothing about tonight was about me, but I'll tell you that the little bit of me that wanted to bask in having "someone" I love there with me.. sank.

These are the moments you want to remember together, to cherish together, are they not? These are the moments that you want to enjoy and participate in with one another.

I'm disappointed that none of that happened tonight.

We didn't watch together.
We didn't dance together.
We didn't sit together.
We didn't talk together.
We weren't together.

The whole time, that was all I wanted.

And then there's this: my last attempt.
Nobody else around, if that was the problem.
I just wanted to be with you.
And I felt like you gently pushed that back at me.
There will always be issues with us that wake you up entirely, make you hairs stand on end-
But the same things may be the single most relaxing, easy experience for me.
I could collapse in your arms at any given moment.

Because I love you.
My heart is for you.
Entirely.
For as long as life will allow.

No comments: