Monday, July 19, 2010

What else?

I find myself wondering at this point more and more frequently, 'what else?'
Seems like however much I am learning, however much I am doing, no matter the depth I reach relationally- I want more. I want to go deeper. I want to learn and do new things. I want to risk more of Jesus in my days.


And as I was flying downward from the crest of a roller coaster this afternoon..I thought to myself within a moment, "I am an adrenaline junkie. That's why I run after things the way I do. That's why I'm okay to be impulsive.'
All throughout the day, Dana kept saying things to me like, 'You have both nerves and a stomach of steel, Kate.' and 'You are one of a kind.' and 'You're the only one I could say this to...'

Why?
Why has He wired me like this? To accomplish what purpose? Why is it that I am FUELED when I hear teachings on 1 Jn.3 that tell me I cannot sin, because his seed remains in me, or when I meet someone in a 40 minute line at Busch Gardens who doesn't know the forgiveness I know? Why am I energized by the unknown and the prospect of gaining wisdom and understanding? Or being transformed by the renewing of my mind? Why is there a zealous heart in my body to know intimately: the emotions of God, the supernatural, and the power of one message?

There's this eagerness in me that wants to expedite and call out the spiritual clash in certain geographic regions and peoples.

... I come to the finish of days like this, and my heart is thirsty, whispering, 'please, more of you, Jesus.'
My eyes drift to a close as I ask Him to be the sunset to all my days.. and just before my dreams take flight, I hear Him answer me... 'You will see my glory.'

No comments: