Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Irish

Irish church.
Irish food.
Irish slang.
The Irish life.
And so on.

The only times I make a point to blog/journal are when I am in a foreign country.
I find I'm always glad I do it.

They say rubbish here, not trash.
They use words typically used when articulating extreme emotion, to describe bland emotion.
Brilliant means just alright.
Shattered means worn out or tired.
To say something is "class" is saying its the raddest thing you've ever seen.
To be cheeky is to be rude.
A French press is actually called a "Cafettiere." My theory is that we just couldn't pronounce that French word.. so we came up with the closest thing.

I've been praying a lot for Mike's hands/healing.
And for Tina's husband to come out of hiding.

She keeps trying to set me up with Irish guys.

I love it when people here say my name. It sounds like "Kid."

Fact: most of the UK are Obama supporters.

I've been thinking a lot about Muslims. (not related to previous statement.)
I've never felt a specific call to go to/live among Muslim people, but I'm hit with this: they are undeniably the majority who've never heard the real of Jesus. Its fact.
So if we've really got this message of powerful redeeming love that actually can move mountains- its my responsibility to talk about in life, but probably especially to go talk about it where ears have never even heard of such a thing. Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments.. shoot, I love him. Its wild: it should say (and maybe does say) somewhere in scripture: when you're in love with me, you'll want to keep my commandments.
I love Muslims. In Dearborn, in any 'stan' you can think of. In India. Indonesia. Africa. Virginia Beach. Anywhere.
God knew what he was saying when he said: love your enemies. bless those who curse you.

Go read Jesus and Mohamed.
It'll challenge your comfort zone.

Well I'm shattered. So I'm off to bed. At 11:17pm Belfast time. 6:17pm East Coast.

Luff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kate!
Wow, you have a blog! nice.
It's so interesting to hear the different types of sayings...i would LOVE to be in ireland right now. I've heard it's incredibly beautiful. : )

you should swim the channel while you're over there. just to say that you've done it. and not just take a swim...i mean swim to ENGLAND! that would be "so class"

love you!
when are you coming home?

Katie said...

I wouldn't mind being set up with an Irish man. :)

love you woman.